Digital Content Creator
The Laura Flanders Show
The Laura Flanders Show is looking for a creative Digital Content Creator to support our award-winning show by deepening engagement with our audience of forward thinking people. Working closely with the Communications Director and the Creative Director, you’ll play an integral role in developing content and digital experiences across all platforms.
The successful candidate has an eye for detail with the ability to repackage and repurpose content from The Laura Flanders Show for social media that aligns with current trends and growth strategies while maintaining high ethical standards for journalism. We encourage applicants to suggest innovations to our existing online processes based on their expertise.
This is an ideal position for a social media content creator who thrives in a deadline-driven environment, loves intelligent, progressive political media, and has a knack for growing social audiences. You will join a team of passionate media activists who believe in the power of independent media to educate and empower movements.
- ● Edit branded content from The Laura Flanders Show to transform into highly creative stories for our social media channels.
- ● Post daily/weekly content for ongoing campaigns, fundraising and programming in accordance with editorial calendar.
- ● Monitor social media and trending news to interface with our weekly show, podcast and web-exclusives.
- ● Work collaboratively with production team and communications.
- ● Engage with audience during live streams as needed.
- ● Assist with tracking analytics and identifying trends to best engage with ouraudience.Qualifications:
- ● 2-3 years experience working in a fast-paced digital journalism environment.
- ● Proven expertise in developing digital content to interface with social mediaplatforms (Twitter, Youtube, Facebook and Instagram).
- ● Experience maintaining social presence and strategy for news outlet or comparableorganization.
- ● Critical thinker, strong proofreading skills and detail-oriented.
- ● Familiarity with contemporary social and economic justice movement issues.
- ● Self-motivated attitude, flexible and collaborative.
- ● Adobe Premiere editing skills a must. After Effects a plus!What we offer:
- ● Full-time staff position with some flexibility
- ● Competitive non-profit salary
- ● Contribution towards health coverage and pension plan
Applicants reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Please email your cover letter, resume and relevant work with subject line: DIGITAL CONTENT CREATOR to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Laura Flanders Show is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. Women, people of color, LGBTQ persons and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Launched on May 12, 2008 as GRITtv, The Laura Flanders Show features innovative thinkers and doers with reality based strategies for realizing radical change. The LF Show reaches millions of viewers weekly on CUNY TV (the public university channel in New York), KCET/LinkTV and Free Speech TV on Dish Network and DIRECTV, on cable stations nationwide, online and as a radio show/podcast.