The Laura Flanders Show
The Laura Flanders Show is a weekly podcast, radio and TV program that explores actionable models for creating a better world by reporting on the people and movements driving systemic change. This September, after 10 years on New York City public TV, our flagship show is expanding onto public television stations across the country. Airing in roughly 75% of American households, the show will be among the most progressive TV programs in the majority of US markets.
Our production department is looking for a highly motivated, very organized early career journalist or media production professional to serve as Pre-Production Assistant. The ideal candidate will have a passion for solutions-oriented broadcast journalism and enjoy collaboration in small teams. They will come with a relevant undergraduate degree and/or professional experience that has prepared them to work in a fast-paced media environment. Knowledge of the Creative Commons, social justice discourses, and the news media landscape would be a plus!
The Pre-Production Assistant role is part-time (20 to 25 hours per week) and entails the following responsibilities:
– Archival video footage search on a tight deadline
– Footage licensing and license research
– Obtaining and organizing guest and footage releases
– Maintaining the organization’s internal stock footage and music libraries
– Assisting producers in background research, locating articles, videos, and social media posts related to episodes
– Providing support as needed on field and studio shoots (we practice social distancing in all in-person settings)
– If necessary, assist booking producer with interview scheduling and interviewee correspondence
– Other pre-production related tasks as necessary
We are looking for a New York City-based candidate. Our office is in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, but we are currently working remotely and will likely continue that practice throughout the fall. Please send a cover letter and resume to The Laura Flanders Show Creative Director, Matt Colaciello, at email@example.com. Indicate that you are applying for the Pre-Production Assistant role in the subject line of the email.
The Laura Flanders Show is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. All eligible candidates are encouraged to apply. Curious Communications, producer of the Laura Flanders Show, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.