The Laura Flanders Show seeks a Digital Content Creator to join our team of passionate, forward-thinking media activists.
The Digital Content Creator is responsible for producing multiple short form, journalistic videos and a high volume of other eye-catching content each week. Reporting to the Communications Director and working closely with the Social Media Associate, the Digital Content Creator plays an integral role in executing our outreach, fundraising, and social media growth strategy across multiple platforms.
Who We’re Looking For
You thrive on tight deadlines and know how to cut editorial content with attention-grabbing hooks. Your portfolio demonstrates that you are fluent in current social media trends but always maintain the highest ethical standards for journalism. You are excited to bring your own flare to our existing brand and constantly work to improve the content you create through integrating feedback from colleagues. You’re passionate about independent media and excited for your work to contribute to amplifying the message of front line activists from around the country.
- Edit multiple highly creative, short form, journalistic videos for our social media channels each week.
- Post daily/weekly content for ongoing campaigns, fundraising and programming in accordance with the editorial calendar.
- Monitor social media and trending news to create content that moves people from the headlines to our YoutTube channel, podcast and social accounts.
- Work collaboratively with the communications team, Podcast Producer, and broadcast production team to share ideas and footage.
- Actively participate in editorial meetings, helping to strategize about how to get the messages of our innovative guests and stories to go viral.
- Engage in continuous process improvement by tracking analytics and strategizing with Communications Director, Creative Director, and Executive Producer.
- 3 years experience working in a fast-paced digital journalism and/or content creation environment.
- Proven expertise in creating videos for social media (Twitter, Facebook and Instagram).
- Experience maintaining social presence and strategy for digital first news outlets.
- Detail-oriented, critical thinking, strong proofreading skills and detail-oriented.
- Familiarity with contemporary social and economic justice movement issues.
- Self-motivated attitude, flexible and collaborative.
- Adobe Premiere editing skills are MUST.
- Adobe After Effects a PLUS.
What we offer:
- Full-time, remote staff position.
- Competitive, non-profit salary.
- Healthcare contribution after three months of work.
This position is remote. We prefer applicants that are within three time zones of US Eastern Time.
Applicants are reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Please email your cover letter, resume, and portfolio with subject line: DIGITAL CONTENT CREATOR to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: Applications without a portfolio will not be considered.
The Laura Flanders Show is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. Women, people of color, LGBTQIIA+ persons and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Launched on May 12, 2008 as GRITtv, The Laura Flanders Show features innovative thinkers and doers with reality-based strategies for realizing radical change. The show airs on more than 270 public TV stations in the US, including in 24 of the top 25 media markets, as well as nationally on radio via PRX and Audioport and as a podcast. On TV alone, the show reaches over 200 million Americans—over 80 percent of all households.