The Laura Flanders Show
Salary: $25/hr for 20 hours per week
Status: Part Time
We’re looking for an executive assistant who is passionate about progressive issues, believes in the vitality of independent journalism, and wants to uplift voices from marginalized communities. Your role will be to assist the executive team with writing, scheduling, and managing our online presence as well as managing many of the company’s day-to-day logistical tasks.
The ideal candidate is someone who is tech-savvy and proactive with great
The Laura Flanders Show brings in-depth discussion about racial, gender, economic, and environmental justice to national public television and radio every week. Hosted by award-winning social movement reporter and queer feminist author Laura Flanders, the show features in-studio interviews with forward thinking people — from AOC to Xiuhtezcatl to Rep. Jamie Raskin to Laverne Cox—and field reporting on cutting-edge topics. The show is nationally syndicated on public TV, reaching nearly 300 PBS stations, including in every major US media market. We also produce the show for radio and as a podcast.
Duties and Responsibilities:
● Manage Laura Flanders’ schedule and make sure everything is up-to-date on the
calendar. This includes providing Laura with timely reminders when deadlines
are approaching, and helping her stay on track with long-term projects.
● Provide support to Laura on a variety of projects. This could include writing,
editing, researching, and fact-checking. It can also include managing invoices and
liaising with other organizations.
● Assist Laura with travel and booking.
● Provide administrative assistance to the organization. This includes managing
services and accounts and monitoring our website.
● Research prizes and awards and submit the show.
● Assist other departments when necessary. This could include working with the communications department to procure wider distribution for certain materials or assisting with guest outreach.
● Strong organizational skills and the ability to anticipate needs and problems and
tackle them proactively.
● Tech savvy. We use a number of digital tools, and it’s important that you can
teach yourself to use and manage them.
● Familiarity with G Suite a plus.
● Knowledge of WordPress a plus.
● Ability to work with Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Canva a big plus.