Director of Development
The Laura Flanders Show
Status: Full or Part Time
We’re looking for an experienced fundraiser who is passionate about independent journalism and excited about resourcing progressive media. The Development Director is responsible for planning and implementing the fundraising goals of the Laura Flanders Show.
Currently entering its fourth season on PBS stations nationwide, and available on radio, streaming and as a podcast, The Laura Flanders Show brings in-depth discussions about racial, gender, economic, and environmental justice to broad audiences every week. Hosted by award-winning social movement reporter and queer feminist author Laura Flanders, the show features in-studio interviews with forward thinking people — from AOC to Xiuhtezcatl to Rep. Jamie Raskin to Laverne Cox — as well as field reporting on cutting-edge topics. It is produced by a small, creative staff (mostly) in New York.
While full time is preferred, we’re open to creative solutions that could make this a part time position as long as our development needs are met. Full-time salary range is approximately $60–80k.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Stewardship: Manage outreach and ongoing relationships with major donors; develop and execute membership campaigns; draft annual reports; create and execute donor cultivation events.
Foundations: Manage relationships with foundations, including researching and reporting.
Grant Writing: Seek out and apply for new grants
Data management: implement new internal processes for data management; maintain CRM database; manage gift reporting and correspondence; develop ongoing data-driven reports for the board and leadership.
Online Fundraising: Work with communications staff to create a fundraising calendar and execute regular campaigns — work will include promotion of fundraising efforts and engaging board members in planning and execution.
/br>Research prizes and awards, make submissions.
Support Laura Flanders and board members on a variety of projects.This could include writing, editing, researching, reporting and budgeting.
- Experience fundraising for nonprofits, including grant writing and donor management.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with conversion tracking.
- Ability to use and manage various web-based communication tools to boost audience engagement, such as Patreon, WordPress, Google Ads, social media, etc.
- Expertise with CRM platform LittleGreenLight and Mailchimp or similar programs and fundraising platforms like ActBlue.
- Experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Canva a big plus.
- Familiarity with non profit media and progressive issues a plus.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others in a deadline-driven environment.
What We Offer:
● Remote staff position, with 24-hour access to shared work facilities in New York, Philadelphia and Washington DC.
● Paid time off and sick days.
● Competitive, non-profit salary. Range $60-80k to start depending on experience.
● Healthcare stipend (for full time).
● Paid Family leave (for full time)
● Cover letter (one page max)
This position is remote. We prefer applicants that are within three time zones of US Eastern Time. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Please email your submission requirements to email@example.com with subject line: Development Director.
NOTE: Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
The Laura Flanders Show is an equal employment opportunity employer. Women, people of color, LGBTQIA+ folks, people with disabilities and elders are strongly encouraged to apply.