Organization: Curious Communications; The Laura Flanders Show
Position: Weekend Editor
Rate: $25-$50 per hour
Job Type: Part-time
Schedule: Weekends only
Work Location: Remote
The Laura Flanders Show (www.lauraflanders.org) brings in-depth discussion about racial, gender, economic, and environmental justice to public television and radio. Every week, award-winning journalist Laura Flanders invites activists, artists, journalists, scholars, and impacted community members into conversation about the strategies they’re using to build a better future.
The Laura Flanders Show is seeking a Remote Weekend Editor who exhibits an exceptional understanding of the narrative arc and core ideas of the LF Show. This individual will be responsible for working 8 hours per week and will collaborate with our team of producers and editors to streamline the editing process for weekly episodes, incorporating transcript edits into a rough cut for review.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Episode Rough Cut Delivery:
- Assemble the show according to instructions provided by the production team.
- Build a multicam sequence incorporating the organization's graphics package with both studio and Zoom recordings, in addition to syncing audio.
- Produce a rough cut complete with show slates, placeholders, and graphic elements for each episode.
- Submit a working project file to the editors in a timely manner.
This role is a contract position designed for a weekend editor following a well-defined workflow. The role serves to bridge the gap between weekly edits for our current editors, working primarily during weekends with a possible Friday/weekday hand off. The Weekend Editor will not be tasked with any other duties outside of the ones listed above.
- Proficiency working with Premiere Pro (we use Premiere Pro CC 23 Teams)
- A strong understanding of multicam sequence setups, audio sequence synchronization
- Follow written and verbal instructions
- Work independently
- Communicate when issues and/or problems arise
- Strong internet connection for download of large video files (up to 40gb) and upload of exports.
Join our team and contribute to the creation of compelling television content that informs, educates, and inspires audiences in the US and around the world. We look forward to reviewing your application!
The Laura Flanders Show is an equal employment opportunity employer. Women,
people of color, LGBTQIA+ folks and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged
We are offering $25-$50/hour depending on experience. Please send your cover letter, a link to your current reel and CV to email@example.com. Make sure to include "Remote Weekend Editor" in the email subject line.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further evaluation.